Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Some Random Mixes

My friend is about to do some travelling so I uploaded some mixes for him. If you guys have some free ears check them out:

http://idisk.mac.com/blueskies8650-Public

The mixes are:

-The End Parts 1 and 2: This is a mix that I made last spring for my drive from SF to SD. While not strictly progressive, it has that feel and slowly ebbs and flows over the course of the mix.

- The Tajamhal Sessions: This is a mix from a couple of years ago that showcases how I see downbeat music, it flips from funk to trip-hop and hits some D'nB on the way.

- Bottle of Wine 1 and 2: Big room house mixed 2x2 style with Scottie Kaotik

- Final Version: This was for a contest, that was later canceled, and is my take on soulful house.

- Groove Tickets 1 and 2: More contest entries, this time I was a finalist.

- Live at Assembly: My first taste of fuzzy bass lines, at the halfway point I head towards the main room progressive sound.

- Mix Club: This will be the next official podcast once the redesigned web page is completed.

- Progressive 090505: Another multi hour prog mix made in '05. I just found this the other day and realized how many old records that I have that I still love.

BTW, all of these mixes were recorded live with no preplanning except the "final version" file.

- Charles Cushman

No comments: