Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Xlr8r TV

Xlr8r has a pretty cool video podcast that I have been watching for a while and this week's episode they started a new segment called "What's Up Willits?" with Christopher Willits in which he shows his set-up for recording and performing with his guitar.  What's great about it is that he goes pretty in-depth to how he sets up Ableton Live to capture loops including how he runs the audio from the guitar into the program and how he sets up multiple channels to capture the loops.

What really caught my interest was the capturing of the loops on the fly. I am going to give it a try this weekend with my DJ set-up. This might be a great middle ground between the added interaction with the music that I feel with beat matching and the looping capabilities of Ableton. On a side note the pocket fader he is using in the video seems like a nice way to add multiple faders to my studio.

Get the video here.

No comments: