Monday, November 26, 2007

David Guetta at On Broadway, San Diego

Two facts:

1) I like David Guetta’s music. Sure it is pop, and I have heard it described as the McDonalds of electronic music, but I like McDonalds. Two double cheeseburgers, a small fry, and a large soda for under $5? Sign me up. Wait, now let me go vomit.
2) I don’t like David Guetta’s mixing style, or at least I thought I didn’t. I used to subscribe to his podcast and the music did not flow, and an hour of straight pop? See above. Plus why was it always two half hour sets? 60 minutes a little too much for ya?

I had needed a good night out dancing though, and Z-Trip in all his glory, was not enough for me to get my full groove on. So I succumbed and went to see Dave. At least I will be on the guest list I thought. Wait, no, the guest list closed 5 minutes ago. Can’t be too expensive. $25?! Screw it I really need to club. Wait, now its $30... This will really affect my drinking…

Once the door drama was over I let my friends know that if they want to find me look on the dance floor and I am off. Entering the main room I could not help but noticed that it was slammed, and it was only 10:45. I took a deep breath and dove in.

As the trunk bar started to catch up with me my ass joined the groove. Time became a blur and the next thing I knew Guetta stepped up. He dropped a vocal intro, smiled, and took control. The floor started to heave. Sweaty bodies gyrating, eyes closed, even some guys with their shirt off. It was enough to make a missionary run. Things then really lost control, and although I can’t remember a single detail (like any good DJ should be able to do) I knew that when the night ended at 2 it was to soon.

F!@& Me I am Famous indeed.

No comments: